2016 Connecting Communities Planning Grant
Congratulations to the recipients of our 4th round of planning grant funds!
- City of Kent & ODOT’s SR 261 Re-visioning the Corridor….Planning the Future
- City of Hudson’s Preliminary Design for Veterans Trail – Downtown Phase
- City of Twinsburg’s First Mile/Last Mile Community Connections Plan
- City of Green’s Master Connectivity Plan
Planning Grant Applications should further the following Connecting Communities principles:
- Increase alternative transportation options to connect people and places
- Promote Complete Street principles to create vibrant and safe places for all users
- Leverage transportation projects to develop places which support alternative transportation and complete streets through land use and design
A Guide to Integrating Land Use and Transportation
The purpose of Connecting Communities – A Guide to Integrating Land Use and Transportation is to promote a region that balances environmental, social and economic concerns by improving coordination between land use and transportation. Connecting Communities utilizes a regional planning process to explore strategies to increase transportation choices and accessibility, help communities make collaborative, informed decisions to coordinate development, reduce environmental impacts and improve regional connectivity.
The intent of this initiative is to create more vibrant livable communities though coordinating resources, partners and stakeholders to integrate transportation and land use planning and decisions in the greater Akron area. It looks at how transportation funding, project selection and planning can better complement land use planning that encourages investment and revitalization of established neighborhoods and regional collaboration.
For additional information or questions contact Heather Reidl at 330-375-2436 ext. 4434 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the Northside Connections Study, which recommends pedestrian safety improvements to the MLK/Howard Street/Main Street intersection.